Charles G. Miller Auditorium
How to Setup the Elmo Overhead Presenter
The overhead presenter shall hereafter be referred to as "Elmo".
Elmo is located in a drawer in the right side of the computer cabinet.
- Slide the drawer open all the way.
- Press the locking release on the rear deck of Elmo and lift the camera arm until it clicks into position.
- Rotate the camera to its detent position, so it is pointing straight down.
- Lift both lights up.
- Turn on the Elmo's power. It is located at the left rear: note label.
- At the front left of Elmo are its light controls.
- If you have opaque objects, select the upper lights.
- If you have transparencies, select the lower lights.
- Only one set of lights can be used at a time.
- The positioning of the upper lights can be crucial for 3-D objects because of shadows.
- Turn on the LCD monitor to the right of Elmo.
- This monitor's power switch is at its top left.
- Just slide the power switch on.
- The monitor will allow you to see how to position your work and zoom in or out.
- Adjust the "Tele" and "Wide" buttons to give the best view of your subject.
- Select the "Pos" or "Neg" video button and "B/W" or "Color" button as your application requires.
- Press the "AutoFocus" button and Elmo sets the focus for you.
- Select Doc Camera from the touchpanel menu.
If the video projector is on, you should now see your subject projected
on the big screen.
Tip: Use the "Neg" (negative video) and "B/W" (black and white picture) buttons on the front of the Elmo to enhance your image; or use the "Pos" (positive, or normal, video) and "Color" selections for a normal picture.