Employment Opportunities in MCB
Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational Genomic Medicine
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher in the Computational Genomic Medicine theme within the Institute of Genomic Biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The appointed person will take the lead on analyzing genomic data from multiple interrelated projects with the potential to yield multiple high-impact papers. The individual will be directly supervised by Derek Wildman.
This is a 12-month, 100% time academic professional appointment with regular University benefits, renewable annually based on performance.
- Develop and implement statistically robust, systems biology approaches to analyzing gene expression and comparative and evolutionary genomic data.
- Develop and implement statistical analyses of genomic data integrated across multiple levels (i.e. miRNA expression, gene expression and DNA sequence variation).
- Analyze next generation sequencing data and compile the results from multiple species for evolutionary analysis.
- Proficient in PERL, Python, R, and MySQL analysis programs.
- Draft manuscripts in part (i.e. methods, results) or whole, as the project requires.
- Provide oral and written progress updates to PIs and other lab members.
PhD attained within the last 5 years in genomics, computer science, biostatistics or a related field required. Familiarity with analyzing genomic data (including gene expression microarray, methylation analysis, next generation and exome sequencing) as well as expertise in comparative evolutionary genetic and genomic analysis preferred. Experience with and facility using R, Bioconductor required; knowledge of SAS a bonus. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Please send CV, two representative publications and contact information for three professional letters of reference, collated in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org>