We have moved!!! MCB advising is now located in 200 Burill Hall. The main advising office is accessible through room 101 Burrill Hall, the MCB Learning Center. Once inside you will take the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor and check-in with our receptionist.
With the start of spring registration on Oct 29th MCB advisors will be holding express advising times beginning on Friday, Oct 26th. Please see the Google calendar below for exact times.
Express advising is for short, i.e. no longer than 10 minute, questions and answers. If we can't help you resolve your issue within that amount of time, then you are more than welcome to schedule a full half hour advising appointment.
The next curriculum change period: Jan 7 - Jan 29, 2019. If you are interested in declaring an MCB major please make an appointment with an advisor. Current biology majors do not need to see an MCB advisor first. They may simply fill out this form.
Express Advising Times & MCB Workshops
Dates for MCB information meetings for Spring 2019.
See below for more information on declaring the MCB major.
Transferring to MCB from Another LAS Major on the Urbana Campus
Current Illinois undergraduates, in an LAS major, who wish to change their major to MCB must complete the following steps.
- Obtain approval from an MCB advisor by attending one of our MCB informational meetings or make an individual appointment.
- Complete the Curriculum Change Form during the posted application period. Students will receive an email indicating whether or not they have been accepted to MCB once the form has been processed.
Transferring to MCB from Another Major in Another College on the Urbana Campus
Current Illinois undergraduates who wish to ICT into the College of LAS and declare MCB as a major, must complete the following steps.
- Attend an LAS information session.
- Meet with an MCB advisor by attending one of our MCB informational meetings or make an individual appointment.
- Apply online using the link emailed to you by the College of LAS. Students will receive an email indicating whether or not they have been accepted to MCB once your application has been processed.
REMINDER BIOLOGY ADVISING OFFICES HAVE MOVED.
MCB Advisors can be contacted in room 101 Burrill Hall or by calling 217-333-6774.
IB advisors can be contacted in room 2002 NHB or by calling 333-3046.
For general information on suggested courses to take prior to transferring please refer to our MCB Prospective Student Guide.