Express Advising Times during the start of the Spring '18 semester.
Express advising is for short, i.e. no longer than 10 minute, questions and answers. If we can't help you resolve your issue within that amount of time, then you are more than welcome to schedule a full half hour advising appointment.
Jan. 12, 16, 17: 10-11:45am & 1:30-4:45pm
Jan. 18-26: 9-10am & 3-4:45pm
Jan. 29: 10-11:45am & 1:30-4:45pm
The MCB Advising Office has moved to room 164A Burrill Hall. Come visit us in our new space. Our phone and e-mail remain the same.
Next Curriculum Change Period: January 8 through January 29, 2018. Make an appointment with an advisor or attend one of our information meetings (see below) to declare MCB during this time.
Express Advising Times & MCB Workshops
Dates for MCB information meetings for Spring 2018.
January Info Sessions have been set for the following dates in room B124 Chemical & Life Sciences Laboratory (CLSL). Registration is required.
- 01/19/2018 (Fri. 10:00am - 11:00am)
- 01/25/2018 (Thu. 1:00pm - 2:00pm)
- 01/26/2018 (Fri. 10:00am - 11:00am)
Transferring to MCB from Another LAS Major on the Urbana Campus
Current Illinois undergraduates, in an LAS major, who wish to change their major to MCB must complete the following steps.
- Obtain approval from an MCB advisor by attending one of our MCB informational meetings or make an individual appointment.
- Complete the Change of Major form during the posted application period. Students will receive an email indicating whether or not they have been accepted to MCB.
Intercollegiate Transfers (ICT)
Current Illinois undergraduates who wish to ICT into the College of LAS and declare MCB as a major, must complete the following steps.
- Attend an LAS information session.
- Meet with an MCB advisor by attending one of our MCB informational meetings or make an individual appointment.
- Apply online using the link emailed to you by the College of LAS. Students will receive an email indicating whether or not they have been accepted to MCB.
For general information on suggested courses to take prior to transferring please refer to our MCB Prospective Student Guide.