The MCB curriculum is designed to prepare you for a wide spectrum of career opportunities. Please see our Career Options for MCB Students Handout outlining many of the possibilities aforded to students in the MCB curriculum.
Handshake @ Illinois: Employers and Opportunities at Your Fingertips
Illinois' campus-wide recruiting platform, tens of thousands of jobs and internships are posted here annually.
Students and Recent Alumni Use Handshake @ Illinois to find:
- Jobs and Internships
- Upcoming Career Fairs
- On-campus Recruiting Events
- Networking Opportunities
- A Calendar of Career Programs and Events
Partial List of Companies Where Our Recent Grads are Employed
- AbbVie North Chicago, IL, Operations Development Program and Clinical Trial Operations Development Program
- Eli Lilly Indianapolis, Indiana, USA Scientist-Manufacturing Science
- Accenture, Management Consulting Analyst
- Cerner Kansas City, MO, Consulting Analyst
- Neurocognitive Kinesiology lab at UIUC, Research Technician
- CSL Behring Bradley IL, QC Chemistry Analyst
- Epic, Madison, WI, Quality Assurance
- ProAmbulance, Champaign IL, EMT-B
- Carle Foundation Hospital, plebotomist
- ScribeAmerica, Medical Scribe
- University of Illinois, Laboratory Technician
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Research Technician
- InnSight Technology
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Laboratory Technician
- Feinberg School of Medicine Chicago, IL, Research Technician
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Chicago, IL, Research Technologist
- UIUC Army ROTC, Champaign, IL, Gold Bar Recuiter
2017 ACES & Sciences Career Fair
Date: Thursday, October 5th, 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), 201 East Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Click here for an employer list: directory of attendees.
This job fair provides companies, institutes and government agencies an opportunity to meet agribusiness and science students at all levels. The career fair will give representatives from your company a chance to share information about your career and intern opportunities.
Volunteer shifts start before the fair, continue during and also after the fair ends. If you would like to see what the fair is like and help make the fair a success, consider volunteering. To ensure a t-shirt, be sure to register by Sept. 25th.
Sign-up here: http://go.illinois.edu/CFVolunteer
LOOKING FOR A JOB OR INTERNSHIP?
With over 15,000 job & internship postings from 4,000+ companies, there are opportunities for ALL ILLINOIS STUDENTS on I-Link.
Login today at www.careercenter.illinois.edu/ilink.
Use I-Link to:
- Search for job and internship postings
- View list of companies at career fairs
- Schedule on-campus interviews
- Upload your resume
- Conduct a video mock interview
Are you a pre-health student? Looking for career enrichment opportunities? Check out ExploreHEALTHCareers.org. You can search by career, type and location.
Listed in chronological order. Check the bottom of the list for the most recent fair dates.
|Engineering Career Fair||September 12-13|
|Business Career Fair||September 19-20|
|Engineering Employment Expo||September 25-26|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering Job Fair||September 27-28|
|ACES & Sciences Career Fair||October 5|
|International Career Festival||October 14|
|Graduate & Professional School Fair||October 18|
|Illini Career & Internship Fair||October 19|
|LAS in C-U Internship Fair||November 6|
|Post Date||Company / Institution — Details|
|August 28, 2017||Abbott — Operations Intern|
|June 27, 2017||City Internships — The Global Vanguard Program centers around an internship placement with a leading company. It is a semester-length program and is focused on students acquiring permanent, post-program employment. The Vanguard program is therefore most popular with rising seniors and recent graduates. Places are available in London, Paris, New York, Chicago, Boston, Washington D.C., Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sydney and Hong Kong. Those interested must apply by Friday, July 28th. Early application is advised; places are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.|
|Post Date||Company — Position — Type — Location — Application Deadline|
|Nov 13, 2017||Abbott Nutrition — Operations Management Intern — Part Time — Research Park|
|Sept 25, 2017||Scribekick —Medical Scribe — Full Time — Various — Ongoing|
|Aug 14, 2017||University of Illinois — DIA Content Tutors — Part Time — On Campus|
|Aug 14, 2017||
University of Illinois — MCB communications office student assistant — Part Time — On Campus
The MCB communications office is seeking a student assistant to work a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 15 hours per week this fall. The position involves science writing for the non-scientist, photography, design, formatting, organizing protocols, and creativity. No specific experience needed, however, the ideal candidate will embrace technology and be committed to heuristic learning. Interested applicants should email Stephanie Adams at email@example.com for more information or to set up an interview.
|Post Date||Institution — Program — Location — Application Deadline|
|Sept 27, 2017||National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP) — Summer Opportunities Listings|