MCB Career Serices - Job Postings 2010-2011
FULL-TIME POSITION AS TECHNICAL RECRUITER AVAILABLE WITH AEROTEK SCIENTIFIC
A position is available for Aerotek's scientific division. For this specific position, the candidate should have a degree in MCB or Chemistry, but an interest in a career in Sales or Recruiting. Start date is as soon as possible, so a December 2011 grad would be ideal, but it is also possible to wait for a May 2012 graduate.
- Develop recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various recruiting tools.
- Maintain relationships with clients in the pharmaceutical, biotech, personal care, chemical, and food/beverage industries.
- Evaluate candidates' strengths compared with clients' requirements by, for example, evaluating, screening, and interviewing the candidate.
- Negotiate wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates, and gain commitment from candidates for current and future job requirements.
- Complete necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests.
- Manage contract employees while on assignment. Assess and investigate contractor related problems, and administer performance counseling, coaching, and disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Work with Account Managers to identify top accounts, target skill sets, key market segments, and to assess clients' staffing requirements.
- Communicate effectively with others in order to create a productive and diverse environment.
- Communicate with peers by sharing recruiting "best practices" and providing accurate, thorough documentation on contract employees in applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
- Maintain relationships with industry contacts to provide customer service, gain industry knowledge, and get referrals and sales leads.
Qualified candidates for the Recruiter position must:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a scientific field
- Be available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand.
- Possess strong written and oral English communication skills.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word and MS Outlook (or similar email application)
- Have work experience in a service-oriented business.
- Have a desire to learn and advance in a fast paced sales environment, and be capable of regularly using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
- Be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Please email resumes to Beth Neighbors at <email@example.com>. Please do not include a cover letter.
Visiting Research Specialist – Bioinformatics (A1100425)
Roy J. Carver Biotechnology Center
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing
Qualifications: B.S. with 2 or more years of molecular biology wet lab experience or bioinformatics experience or M.S. in Biological sciences related fields. Demonstrated familiarity and experience with bioinformatics analysis.
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Responsibilities: The University of Illinois Roy J. Carver Biotechnology Center is a core user facility and this position is associated specifically with the Bioinformatics Unit. Major responsibilities include bioinformatics analysis of data generated from DNA sequencing pipeline using applicable software tools and in-house scripts. This includes tag trimming, sorting, assembly, annotation, SNP/SSR discovery, and alignment to reference genome of next-generation high throughput DNA sequencing data.
Type of Position: Full-time Visiting Academic Professional with potential of becoming a permanent Academic Professional position based upon job demands and performance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application: Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter and resume, to include at least three contacts for references. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
Please send academic transcript(s), to:
Rhonda Lipking, Administrative Secretary
Roy J. Carver Biotechnology Center, 2613 Institute for Genomic Biology
1206 W. Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 333-1695, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information: Dr. Mark Mikel, Associate Director, Roy J. Carver Biotechnology Center; Phone: (217) 244-0144; Email: email@example.com
For full consideration, applications must be received by 5:00 pm November 4, 2011.
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer
We anticipate filling approximately 10 life science positions at the Bachelors, Masters and Phd level in Rockford, IL. These positions will be posting over the next few weeks and months. We would be very interested in seeing any candidates from the University of Illinois.
Other positions that we anticipate will become available are;
Manufacturing Chemist, Immunoassay Development
Manufacturing Chemist, Biochemical Formulations
Technical Support Scientist
We would encourage students to visit our careers page for the most up to date information athttp://www.thermofisher.com/global/en/about/careers/careers.asp. They may also reach out to Kim Johnson atKimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UNIVERSITY of ILLINOIS at URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
VETERINARY DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORY
TWO VETERINARY RESEARCH SPECIALIST POSITIONS
The College of Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (VDL) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking two energetic and responsible individuals with experience in molecular diagnostics for infectious pathogens. Both are a regular, full-time (100%) academic professional position (nontenure-track) as a Veterinary Research Specialist in the VDL, one in the Bacteriology Section and one in the Virology Section. Duties include utilization of molecular and/or conventional techniques to detect the presence of bacterial or viral pathogens of veterinary significance. Assays performed to detect animal pathogens may include culture or isolation of the agent, traditional or real-time PCR, sequencing of amplicons, and other appropriate molecular techniques. The individuals will be expected to know aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances. Good communication skills are essential and computer literacy is expected.
Eligible candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in microbiology, virology, biochemistry or a related field (required), and a minimum of one-year experience (preferred). Starting salary is commensurate with experience. The proposed start date is on or about November 16, 2011.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 30, 2011. Interested applicants are invited to apply online at http://job.illinois.edu. Please use the following codes to correctly identify the position you are applying for: Bacteriology code A1100329; Virology code A1100323. Applications should include a cover letter stating career goals and interests, curriculum vitae, and names of three or more references. Questions should be directed to Peggy Olsen, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2001 South Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802, email@example.com, 217-244-4182.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Medical Scribe position at Christie Clinic
Christie Clinic is looking for a medical scribe, and is hoping to fill this paid, 15 hour a week position as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to get health related experience. You can read more about the position on this website: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA9/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHRISTIECLINIC&cws=1&rid=143
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Looking for a career combining your knowledge of the life sciences with your strong writing skills?
In cooperation with Marketing Communications, the Technical Writer edits, writes and proofreads new and existing product instructions, product documentation and advertisement copy. The Technical Writer maintains and updates the Life Science Research – Rockford writing style and trains associates on processes, corporate writing style and techniques.
- Manage all new and existing product instructions, including submitting updates and corrections to existing documents and completing corrections submitted by other associates.
- Edit various materials for technical accuracy, conciseness, grammar and branding.
- Edit, proofread and write content for scientific posters, abstracts and advertisement copy.
- Resolve concerns regarding product instructions, providing detailed records to appropriate departments to facilitate resolutions.
- Work closely with R&D Scientists and Marketing Managers to determine accurate and meaningful technical content.
- Participate in project teams as needed.
- Stay familiar with all Pierce Products and new business ideas.
- Develop and present seminars or training sessions to internal and external customers.
- Three years of solid writing and editing experience, preferably promoting life science research or complementary products in a corporate environment. We will also consider recent M.S. and Ph.D. graduates in life science-related disciplines with demonstrated strong writing skills.
- Must have a superior understanding of the English language.
- Must have strong verbal, presentation and analytical thinking skills.
- Able to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Able to work under deadline pressure and extra hours as needed on specific assignments.
- Must have a high attention to detail and consistency.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Able to guide others to improve their writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Applicant might be asked to demonstrate writing/editing ability at the time of interview.
Education: A minimum of a B.S. degree in life sciences or chemistry is required.
Send Resumes to:
Julia McDowell, PHR
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Sigma AldrichBiochemistry/Chemistry: St Louis Production Campus, Scientific Research Division, Sigma Aldrich
Education: BS/BA/MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or other related science
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include extraction, isolation and purification of proteins, enzymes and nucleotides from natural sources or synthesize and purification of carbohydrates, peptides and polymers. Additional responsibilities include planning, organizing, setup, and manufacture of products following established protocols. Batch size varies from bench top to industrial scale. Participate in a project team setting and provide technical input to team decisions. Maintain clear records of experimental and manufacturing work. Communicate results of assignments to supervision.
Experience: Undergraduate research or Co-op experience desirable. Candidates must have the ability to work in a team setting, show good problem solving skills, and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Minimum GPA 2.7
MICROBIOLOGY LAB ASSISTANT (30hrs / week)
- Create lab report templates and spreadsheets
- Maintain lab documents (organize and file)
- Maintain incoming lab test samples (verify, log-in & removal)
- Maintain lab equipment (verify temperatures and weights)
- Maintain cleanliness and good housekeeping in the work area
- Maintain lab supplies (stock drawers and track inventory)
- Sterilize lab glassware and biohazards
- Assist in media preparation
- Enrichment streak plating
- Must be organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to follow directions, multi-task and work in demanding/fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques
Human Resources Manager
205 Shellhouse Drive
Rantoul, IL 61866-9774
217-892-2479 - fax
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
UPWARD BOUND COLLEGE PREP ACADEMY
IS LOOKING FOR
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Upward Bound College Prep Academy is currently accepting applications for Tutors for its 2010-2011 Academic Year Component.
Upward Bound is a pre-college academic program that assists youth from the Champaign, Urbana, and Rantoul areas who are interested in attending college. Our program is designed to identify students interested in attending college and to equip these students with the skills necessary to succeed in college. We attempt to offset academic deficiencies and certain environmental deficiencies through the provision of tutorials, classroom instruction, and educational/cultural activities.
Position Available: TUTOR
The Tutor will tutor students in high school subjects including, but not limited to, Math, Science, and English on Monday and Wednesday from 4:00 - 8:00 pm; handle disciplinary problems that may occur, counsel and advise students with economically challenged and first generation college background; and serve as a mentor and general resource person for the students. Tutoring begins on Monday, September 20, 2010. Tutors must attend a mandatory weekly staff meeting for the duration of one hour and thirty minutes as well as training sessions.
- Preference given to undergraduate students with experience working with economically challenged/first generation college bound students and/or previous tutoring experience.
- Must be a college junior (minimum of 60 hours) or above.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. Preference will be given to applicants with a GPA of a 3.5 or above.
- Must be in good standing with the College/University.
- Must be available to work Monday and Wednesday during the hours of 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
Students who qualify for Federal Work Study preferred.
Remuneration: $8.50 per hour
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory - Veterinary Research Specialist
The College of Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (VDL) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking an energetic and responsible individual with experience in molecular diagnostics for infectious pathogens. This is a full-time appointment as a Veterinary Research Specialist in the VDL virology section. Duties include utilization of molecular and conventional techniques to detect the presence of bacterial and viral pathogens of veterinary significance. Assays performed to detect animal pathogens may include culture or isolation of the agent, traditional or real-time PCR, sequencing of amplicons, and other appropriate molecular techniques. The individual will be expected to know aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances. Good communication skills are essential and computer literacy is expected. Eligible candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in microbiology, virology, biochemistry or a related field (required), and a minimum of two years experience (preferred). Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Please create your candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload application materials, including your application letter, resume, transcripts, and names and contact information for three references by August 15, 2010. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Applicants may be interviewed prior to the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The anticipated starting date will be on or about October 15, 2010.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Marie Childress, (firstname.lastname@example.org), 217-244-5001.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.