Grants and Accounts Administration
Associate Director for Administrative and Business Affairs
Phone: (217) 244-1749
Primary contact for
matters concerning state accounts,
questions concerning ICR, grant and gift funds for faculty in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology,
all other general questions.
Coordinator of Research Programs
Phone: (217) 265-5246
Primary contact for questions concerning ICR, grant and gift funds for faculty in the Department of Biochemistry, and questions concerning training grant administration in the School of MCB.
Business and Finance Specialist
Phone: (217) 244-5720
Primary contact for questions concerning ICR, grant and gift funds for faculty in the Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, and questions concerning procurement and equipment bidding processes.
Sponsored Research Business Analyst
Phone: (217) 265-0929
Primary contact for questions concerning ICR, grant and gift funds for faculty in the Department of Microbiology, and new faculty orientation on grant proposal processes.
If your primary contact is unavailable please contact another coordinator for help or ask to speak with Christine Majers.
Functions of Grants and Accounts Administration Department
- Work with faculty members to clarify proposal guidelines for accurate submission of grant proposal.
- Develop budgets for faculty members and send for preapproval by Grants and Contracts Office. Please note that G&C will not accept budgets for preapproval if they are not received more than 10 days prior to the actual proposal deadline. Serve as primary contact for questions concerning proposal between G&C and faculty.
- Set up anticipation accounts with the approval of the department head.
- Monitors faculty ledger 2 and ledger 5 (extramural funding) accounts for compliance to federal guidelines and proper budget utilization.
- Generate expenditure scenarios for faculty members for better future planning for utilization of funds, on request.
- Serve as primary laison for all matters having to do with pre- and post-award and procurement for faculty members.
- Serve as primary contact for faculty for any matters related to grants or expenditures on grants.
American Heart Association (AHA)
American Cancer Society (ACS)
Cancer Research Institute
Department of Energy (DOE)
James S. McDonnell Foundation
March of Dimes
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)