- Educational research on the effects of changing a large lecture course to a more active learning environment
- Educational research on effective study strategies for students.
- Master Online Teaching Certificate (Illinois Online Network)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Chemistry (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign)
- Associates of Science Degree in Pre-Medicine (Lake Land Community College)
- LAS Top 10 Initiative
Awards and Honors
LAS Academic Professional Award
- MCB 150 (discussion)
- MCB 151
- MCB 199
- Illini Summer Academy
Ayroles, J.F., Hughes, K.A., Rowe, K.C., Reedy, M.M., Rodriguez-Zas, S., Drnevich, J. M., Caceres, C.E., and Paige, K.N. (2009). “A genome-wide assessment of inbreeding depression: gene number, function and mode of action,” Conservation Biology, Volume 23 Issue 4, Pages 920 – 930.
Rose M. Reynolds, Sara Temiyasathit, Melissa M. Reedy, Elizabeth A. Ruedi, Jenny M. Drnevich, Jeff Leips, and Kimberly A. Hughes. (2007) “Age specificity of inbreeding load in Drosophila melanogaster and implications for the evolution of late-life mortality plateaus,” Genetics Volume 177, Pages 587-595.
Hughes, K.A., Ayroles, J.F., Reedy M.M., Drnevich, J.D., Rowe, K.C., Ruedi, E.A., Caceres, C.E. and Paige, K.N. (2006). “Segregating Variation in the Transcriptome: Cis Regulation and Additivity of Effects.” Genetics 173: 1347-1355.
Drnevich, J. M., Reedy, M. M., Ruedi, E. A., Rodriguez-Zas, S., and Hughes, K. A. (2004). “Quantitative evolutionary genomics: Differential gene expression associated with male competitive reproductive success in Drosophila melanogaster.” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B 271: 2267-2273.