Employment Opportunities in MCB
Postdoctoral Research Associate for Dr. Nicholas Wu Laboratory
The Department of Biochemistry at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign invite applications for a full-time, Postdoctoral Research Associate position to begin September 1, 2020. This is a new position in Dr. Nicholas Wu’s laboratory at the Department of Biochemistry of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The main research interest of the Wu lab is to characterize the evolution of influenza virus using molecular biology, biochemistry and biophysics approaches. Full consideration will be given to applications received by July 15, 2020.
The successful candidate will perform influenza virus-related research using multidisciplinary approaches, including molecular virology, next-generation sequencing, biochemistry, and X-ray crystallography. The candidate will also have a unique opportunity to develop innovative high-throughput methodologies.Duties and Responsibilities.
- Design and implement research protocols. (40%)
- Collect and analyze research data. (20%)
- Manuscript preparation. (20%)
- Work with the PI to develop his/her own research program and grant proposals. (10%)
- Attendance at scientific meetings to present research results is highly encouraged. (10%)
Position Requirements and Qualifications.
Education. Ph.D. in biological sciences or engineering by time of appointment.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or engineering by time of appointment.
- A strong background in molecular biology is essential.
- Knowledge in virology, computational programming, protein purification, and/or structural biology is a bonus but not mandatory.
- The successful candidate will have at least one first-author publication.
Applicants should contact Nicholas Wu (email@example.com) and submit a CV, a brief description of their research experience and future research interests, and contact information for three references. Please entitle your email “Application for postdoc position”.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. Illinois is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled (http://go.illinois.edu/EEO)