Help Support the School of Molecular and Cellular Biology—Make a Gift Now
The University of Illinois is a state-supported institution but state money accounts for only about 20% of our operating costs. The unwavering support of our alumni and friends allows us to continue in discovery and public service through teaching, research, and community engagement. Your generous gifts are critical to preserving our excellence and making a difference in the lives of our students, today and tomorrow. We are very grateful for your support.
School of Molecular and Cellular Biology Enhancement Fund
If you’d like to specify exactly where your gift will go, please write one of the following in the memo of your check or provide the fund name in the “Additional Gift Information” box when making your payment.
- The Pre-Health and Professional Mentoring Program, which allows students to work one-on-one with alumni already practicing in the field.
- Award graduate student fellowships to the Departments of Biochemistry, Cell & Developmental Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular & Integrative Physiology.
- Renovate classroom space to create new active learning classrooms to improve undergraduate instruction and enhance student experience.
- The Biology, Experience, Scholarship, and Training (BEST) program to attract exceptionally talented students to our undergraduate biology program. As a BEST recipient, an incoming biology freshman will receive a $5,000 merit-based scholarship during his/her freshman year at Illinois.
- The School awards Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURFs) to undergraduate students interested in the study of biological problems at a molecular and cellular level and extending this research in transdisciplinary areas. MCB is dedicated to increasing the participation of underrepresented populations in research and actively encourages applications from these groups.
LAS Annual Fund for Biochemistry
Cell and Developmental Biology Annual Fund
LAS Annual Fund for Microbiology
LAS Annual Fund for Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Donations made to these funds are used by the designated Department for short and long-term programs to enrich student education, training, research, and career development.
Many companies will match, even double or triple your gift to MCB. Ask for and complete a Matching Gift Form from your company's Human Resources Office, then mail it along with your gift check. See if your company has a matching gift program.
Contribute by Mail
Checks should be made to "University of Illinois Foundation" and should have the fund name and the purpose or designation of your gift noted in the memo section of the check.
University of Illinois Foundation
1305 West Green Street, MC-386
Urbana, IL 61801
For the security of your gift, please do not send cash.
For other options, visit the University of Illinois Foundation.
Opportunities for Major Gifts
To learn more about investing in the future of our students, faculty, research, and more, please contact Ashley Nagele.
LAS Office of Advancement
phone: (217) 300-1699
fax: (217) 244-6252