How will you change the world?
In the School of Molecular and Cellular Biology
You are empowered to pursue your dreams. Our alumni are surgeons, researchers at top-tier institutes, and executives at pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. They’ve launched biotechnology startups, founded free healthcare clinics, and volunteered with medical humanitarian organizations. What is your dream?
As an undergraduate in the School of Molecular & Cellular Biology, you will have many enriching opportunities available to you, whether you are an MCB major, Neuroscience major, or Biochemistry major.
- Undergraduate research, including Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships
- Specialized, advanced classes and certificate programs
- Study abroad, including research and job-shadowing opportunities for pre-med and pre-dentistry students
- Professional and peer mentoring
- BEST Scholar Program, which provides scholarships and mentorship from academic leaders
The MS in Molecular & Cellular Biology was designed for students who seek advanced preparation for professional degree programs, e.g. MD, DO, DVM, PharmD, or plan to pursue careers in industry, government, or academia. This program provides advanced study in the field of molecular and cellular biology without requiring a research thesis component.
As a PhD student in the School of MCB, you will conduct high-impact research alongside renowned faculty. Faculty pride themselves on being accessible to their students, which creates a strong environment for mentoring.
Our PhD graduates become faculty at top academic research universities and leaders in industry, including pharmaceutical companies, national laboratories, and clinics.