For Fall 2023
Updated May 15, 2023 at 12:00 PM
MCB 101 is restricted and enrollment is managed by the wait lists. Priority lists for some programs have individual wait lists (contact advisor in your program for link). The general wait list has now been closed. All remaining seats are now open!
MCB 150: some unrestricted seats will be available, but most will be restricted for incoming students in biology, biochemistry, and neuroscience until August 2023. Section ADN Honors is restricted to James Scholars in LAS. Remaining seats will open after July 17.
MCB 170 is restricted to neuroscience majors. Remaining seats will be released August 2023. If you are a student planning to switch your major to neuroscience in the near future, please add your name to this wait list for consideration, https://go.illinois.edu/MCB170_FA23_waitlist. Note, priority will be given to students who have attended a Neuroscience information session.
MCB 245 is restricted, and enrollment is managed by the wait lists. Priority lists for some programs have individual wait lists (contact advisor in your program for link). The general wait list has now been closed. All remaining seats are now open!
MCB 354 is restricted to declared MCB and BIOC seniors and juniors at all times. Students with appropriate prerequisites can request authorization from Alejandra Stenger via the online form at https://go.mcb.illinois.edu/MCB354FA23_AuthorizationRequest.
BIOC 455 lab is restricted to declared BIOC seniors at this time. (If seats remain after April 12, remaining seats will be restricted to BIOC juniors. If seats remain after until April 17, those seats will be restricted to MCB seniors/juniors.) **Restrictions are now removed for BIOC 455!
Most MCB 300-level and 400-level courses are restricted to seniors/juniors MCB, NEURO, and BIOC students. Some seats will be held for graduate students in MCB programs. See entries in Course Explorer for individual course restrictions. Most course restrictions will be removed on April 17.
Major and class restrictions have now been removed from the following lecture courses: MCB 314/NEUR 314, MCB 316, MCB 320, MCB 400, MCB 401, MCB 408 (currently full, see wait list below), MCB 413, MCB 421, MCB 431, MCB 432, MCB 461
The following lab courses will be restricted to declared MCB, NEURO, and BIOC seniors until April 12, then MCB, NEURO, and BIOC juniors until April 17.
- MCB 301 **All restrictions currently removed!
- MCB 364, if course fills use wait list below **All restrictions currently removed!
- MCB 460 **All restrictions currently removed!
- MCB 493 APL (all restrictions removed, course currently full, see wait list below)
The following wait lists will be used only if a course fills to capacity. These links will not work if there are still seats in the course.
- MCB 300: https://go.illinois.edu/MCB300_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 301: https://go.illinois.edu/MCB301_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 314: https://go.illinois.edu/MCB314_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 364: https://go.illinois.edu/MCB364_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 408 (now open!): https://go.illinois.edu/MCB408_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 450 (now open!): https://go.illinois.edu/MCB450_FA23_waitlist
- MCB 493 APL (now open!): https://go.illinois.edu/MCB493APL_FA23_waitlist
Students interested in MCB merit should refer to course offerings here and fill out the appropriate request form. Merit courses for other subjects are posted on the merit website.